Divorce and Separation Information
If you're considering a divorce or separation, or currently going through the process, you need to know what to expect each step of the way. Few of us ever anticipate this stage in our lives, and therefore don't know what options are available to us. Below you will find information about various legal aspects that you may be facing at this point in your life.
Martial Separation - Things to think about when you split up.
How To Get Divorced - How it works and what to consider.
Legal Professionals - Working with lawyers, mediators, and financial planners.
Financial Issues - Dividing assets and debts.
Military Issues - Considerations and issues in military marriages.
When Children Are Involved - Custody, support, and visitation.
Do It Yourself - Information to help you out.
Guides and State Resources - State laws and resources.
The Legal Process of Splitting Up
Do It Yourself Information
- Do You Need An Attorney - When it's appropriate to do it yourself
- Do It Yourself Divorce - Tips to consider.
- Law Resources for Pro Se Litigants - Finding relevant info and legal resources can be frustrating when trying to do your own paperwork and filing it with the court. Learn how to access the forms and tools you need.
- Testifying In Court - There are several things you should keep in mind when testifying in court. Get tips for how to answer questions, how to present yourself to the judge and more
- Online Options for couples who can reach a general agreement and want to handle everything personally.
- Downloadable Forms quick and easy access to quality forms, settlement agreements and other related products.
- Legal Paperwork - What documents to have on hand to get the process started and issues to be addressed in your final agreement.
Guides and State Resources » Return to top
- State Resources for each state including relevant laws, resources, child support guidelines and calculators, domestic violence shelters, and more.
- A Woman's Guide to Getting Divorced - Information geared to help women make the best decisions when ending a marriage, with valuable resources and tips for starting over.
- Books about specific topics - including guides to help you understand the legal process, win custody, determine child support and alimony, get a separation, and considerations in property division.
Home / Divorce Guide / State Resources
Survey / Contact / Chat / Links / Newsletter